The overall responsibility for a Project Strategist is to actively lead projects throughout the full life-cycle of creating commercially viable and sustainable web applications. This requires the Project Strategist to provide critical direction in the development of solutions by leading clients, directing team members, taking direction from team members, overseeing process, ensuring timely delivery of work, measuring project success, and supporting pre and post launch activities as directed.
As a client-facing role, Project Strategists are responsible for driving project execution and client communication. As a member of the C2 team, Project Strategists provide and “own” the scope management for projects. Responsibilities include gaining an understanding of business requirements for each project and ensuring these requirements are met in the project’s final delivery. These duties extend beyond the life of a project, providing leadership to the entire C2/client relationship over time. Project Strategists speak into Discovery Sessions for new projects, ensuring that all business goals and project elements are correctly understood. As software is appropriately configured and content is entered, Project Strategists will ensure all C2 work is executed with the client’s best interest in mind. As implementation takes place, the Project Strategist will use the knowledge of business goals along with an understanding of the selected software meets client requirements. The Project Strategist will also lead and participate in project meetings on behalf of client interests, to ensure that the solution meets the overall client requirements and will offer our clients an easy decision in selecting C2 for their next design or implementation project.
Travel is a required element of this role to support face-to-face client meetings per project as necessary.
Client management responsibilities:
- Manages a project’s resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Works with the production manager on creating a schedule for the project.
- Participates in project scoping and the sales process as directed.
- Provides, as required, day-to-day account management for the project, working directly with clients to prepare for and in support of CMS and web-based projects.
- Works with clients to mitigate risks before they become threats to a given project.
- Maintains current scope figures for a given project and manages to these on a near-daily basis.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions when necessary.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Exhibits understanding regarding the difference between site requirements for CMS users (internal to the client) and site users (the client’s target audience).
Analysis and solution creation responsibilities:
- Actively manages and reports on scope, mitigates issues before they cause creep or issues with a given account.
- Gracefully multitasks and manages competing priorities.
- Accepts leadership for projects large and small, serving as the key client contact and internal advocate for client requests.
- Leads discovery sessions with clients to determine core goals and objectives for projects.
- Quickly understands a client’s business issues and information requirements and applies this understanding to aid in the creation of a web-based solution.
- Leads a peer team of developers, designers, and functional personnel as the in-house authority regarding a client’s business goals for a given web project.
- Understands principles of web use, demonstrates ability to model user tasks and maintains overall advocacy for a client’s business goals.
- Maintains an excellent real-world understanding of content management systems, demonstrating knowledge of multiple systems, methodologies, and solution sets.
- Provides all relevant information for a project’s functional requirements (how things need to work).
- Engages the Client Solutions and Technical Solutions teams to assure that these requirements are understood and maintained, assuring that the client can achieve the necessary goal within a chosen technology.
- Serves as the single best source for how a client’s business goals will be fulfilled with a given web technology.
- Develops user stories for applicable groups within the client’s business, walking out real-world scenarios demonstrating how a given audience will navigate and use the solution.
- Communicates and tracks results of the quality assurance efforts to the appropriate stakeholders; supports quality assurance execution as mock “end user” test resource.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with client personnel to identify required changes and process each through scope change or other a project change processes as appropriate.
- Conducts post-launch project reviews and completes a project case study/summary after post-launch support is complete.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly profit sharing
- 401(k) with employer match
- Work life balance with flexible work options
- Quarterly community service projects
- Paid holidays, paid time off, and unpaid time off
- Paid parental leave for men and women
- Professional development stipend
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Health savings account employer match
- Life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary benefit options
Think you're a great fit? Let us know why. Email your resume to email@example.com. Applicants must reside in the U.S.